Yes, I am blogging about Project Runway.

Friday, August 6, 2010

A new season of Project Runway premiered two weeks ago. And this time, Tim Gunn has a clear favorite, who also happens to be my favorite (in my supremely limited knowledge of fashion - I really only watch this show for the antics). His name is Mondo Guerra. He's kind of eccentric, and more than a little shy. Mondo is cool. I don't think he knows how cool he is.


In last night's episode, they aired a clip of Mondo getting really emotional during one of his interviews, talking about how lonely he is. I've never seen Project Runway (or any reality show, for that matter) air such a genuine, heart-wrenching interview. It was actually kind of uncomfortable to watch.

Mondo said something along the lines of:
"I need a connection to be whole, and I haven't found that with anyone really. I am alone with my thoughts too much, and they just eat away at me. I am all alone, and I just want to be loved for who I am, but it's what I create that I need to be loved and appreciated. I am so creative with this gift and I am cursed with always having to create to get by and be noticed."

Sometimes our gifts can become curses. Sometimes they can define us in an upsetting way.

Mondo doesn't feel like he's connecting with any of the other designers. He doesn't feel like he's ever been loved for who he really is. Instead, it's always about what he can create. I feel for this guy. I have felt this way before about singing. I hope he's ok.


In other news, this week I had my last voice lesson for the next five months. I am SO excited for the break. I think it's going to be refreshing to concentrate on English.

0 comments: