...

Monday, August 12, 2013


“Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.”
--William S. Burroughs


I'm finished settling. I'm finished living a half-inspired life. I'm finished selling myself short.

I refuse to remain enslaved to an idealized vision of the past and a shattered vision of what I thought that my future could be. I find reality more refreshing these days, and I'm learning that I have the power to create a reality more pleasant than my dreams.

Funny, that it took the abandonment of all of my dreams to come to this realization.

I have so much potential and so much to give. I know that I deserve more out of life and relationships. I'm ready to truly live before I die.

I think we could all use a bit more trust in our own inner strength and our intrinsic value. It's time that we stopped accepting half-truths, stopped settling for anything less than our best, stopped trying to be happy with the half-hearted efforts of others who cannot love us in the ways that we truly deserve.


You are beautiful and powerful in your own way. Believe it and live it.

0 comments: